Complimentary Pet Health Consults
We recognise the importance of maintaining good health in your pets, and in many cases the best approach to this is prevention! The Ark is dedicated to taking great care of your furry friends, and so offer a range of complimentary pet health consults to keep an eye on your pet’s overall health. It’s easy to book an appointment either online or over the phone with one of our friendly nursing staff. Complementary consults offered by the Ark include:
- General pet health consult
- Weight management consults
- Nutritional consults
- Dental consults
If you have questions about our complimentary nurse consult pleas call us at:We look forward to seeing you and your pet.
General Pet Health Consult
Our pet health consult is an overall checkup of your pet’s general health. Our nurses tailor the checkup depending on your pet’s stage of life.
These checks include:
- Ensuring your pet’s vaccinations and worming treatments are up to date
- A comprehensive flea and tick check to ensure your pet is free from parasites
- Checking your pet’s weight and general condition
- Trimming your pet’s nails if they are too long
- Advice on puppy training courses for young dogs
- A behavioural questionaire and advice on enstilling good behaviours in your pet
- Checking your pet’s breathing and heart rate
Upon request, we can create a treatment plan for your pet to keep them in optimum health. These pet health consults are a good opportunity to ask any general questions about your pet’s behaviour and health, as well as the future direction of their treatment.
Nutritional Pet Health Consult
Our nurses are qualified nutritionists and have been trained in the nutritional management of your pet. Nutritional pet health consults are not just for pets that are overweight. They can also be useful for pets as they get older or if they have health conditions that may require a specialised diet. Upon request, we can formulate a meal plan tailored to your pet’s needs. These consults include:
- Information on how your pet’s nutritional needs change throughout their life
- What to feed your pet – whether this be a normal food or a prescription diet
- How much to feed your pet
- Alternative foods and additions such as wet food and treats
Weight Management Consults:
If you suspect your pet is overweight, bring them in to the Ark for a weight assessment. Our nurses can check your pet’s weight and based on their age and breed, determine if they are overweight and identify a healthy weight range for them.
From here, we can direct you to our new weight loss program to support your pet to reach a healthy weight – with help through nutrition, an exercise plan, regular weigh-ins and rewards when your pet reaches their weight loss goals.