Attention all our valued clients:
The Ark Veterinary Hospital is an Essential Service. We are open and here to keep your pets healthy and happy. Keeping our pets well is crucial at this challenging time. You can access all your vital pet care and health requirements as normal. Ensure you follow the Government’s strict social distancing advice guidelines.
The Ark Veterinary Hospital would like to reassure you that we are here for you and your pet during the current Covid 19 situation. We are available as usual to keep your pets healthy and happy .
By maintaining the highest possible standards of hygiene and operating with minimal contact we are able to minimize the risk of infection to our staff and clientele.This will enable the Ark Veterinary Hospital to continue to provide the highest quality of care to your pet”
If you have any questions pick up the phone and call us at:
The new measures are:
- Please call us on your arrival to the hospital we will attend to you in the car park. We will pick up your pet (dogs with lead and cats/exotics in carrier) from your car and collect a history then bring your pet into the hospital. This allows you to stay in the car. We will examine your pet in the hospital and return your pet and discuss any treatment plans/options.
- For food and medication pick ups, we will deliver the goods to your car in the car park. Please phone ahead so we can organise your order in a timely manner. Our website allows for ordering of food and products online with pick-up at the hospital. You can either order the directly on our website or login to your portal.
- We request all payments be made by card and a receipt will be emailed.
- We have increased the frequency of our disinfection of our hospital.
- We are able to organize payment plans for those owners directly affected by the pandemic.
If you are feeling unwell or in self isolation and you need to see us:
- Please inform us that you are unwell and need to stay home, or that you are in self isolation
- We can talk to you over the phone to discuss whether we think it is a matter of urgency that we see your pet.
- We can perform a video link consult – all you need is an internet connection and a smart phone. We will need photos emailed to us before medications are dispensed.
- If we think your pet needs to be seen, ask a family member or friend to bring your pet in on your behalf.
Our vets are also offering video consults to those unable to get their animal to us for ongoing pet care. You can book a video consult on our website or by calling us.
Here at Ark Vets, your pets are the most important thing to us. Let’s all work together so that we can continue to give them the care they deserve!
Preventative Pet Care
Your pets are part of your family and we want to keep them happy and healthy. Especially in these times we recommend to make sure that your pets preventative care is up to date.
Regular check-ups are a great way to ensure your pets remain fit and healthy. From the youngest pets to the oldest pets, preventative health care is the key.
The Ark strives to streamline and take the difficulty out of preventative care for your pet. With so many parasites and different treatments to worry about, it can be easy to forget when your pet is due a worming tablet, vaccination or when your pet needs a tick and flea treatment.
That’s why the Ark has implemented an innovative reminder service, either by text or email based off your personal preferences. This way you are automatically reminded when your pet is due their next vaccination, tablet, heartworm injection or any other form of parasite control.